You can choose to enter one or both of the divisions
1. Single photo - must include the Ōpāwaho-Heathcote River in it somehow!
2. Photo Essay*: a series of 3-6 photographs. (presented as a pdf, slideshare or powerpoint presentation)
*A photo-essay is a set or series of photographs that are made to tell a story and create an emotional response in the viewer. Photo essays range from purely photographic works to photographs with captions or brief comments to full text essays illustrated with photographs.
How to submit entries
Entries need to be submitted digitally using this entry form
If you are under 16 you will to fill in and submit parent/guardian consent form.
Where people are recognisable in the photo, a permission form must accompany the entry.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
ENTRY QUALIFIES AS ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. PROMOTER: The promoter is the Ōpāwaho- Heathcote River Network.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The competition is open to anyone who would like to show their appreciation for the Ōpāwaho- Heathcote River. All entries must be submitted by 11th September, midnight.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To submit a photo for entry in the competition, you must use the following entry forms:
• OPEN DIVISION – ENTRY FORM
• SCHOOLS DIVISION- ENTRY FORM
[Failing that, email your photo(s) with a description to email@example.com . Please use Photo Competition in the subject line. Multiple entries may be made for either category.
4. HOW TO WIN: You can choose to enter one or both competition categories but to a maximum of 4 entries per individual per category [i.e. 4 for single photo and/or 4 photo essays]
A. Single photo B. Photo Essay: A photo-essay is a set or series of photographs that are made to tell a story and create an emotional response in the viewer. Photo essays range from purely photographic works to photographs with captions or brief comments to full text essays illustrated with photographs. We ask that your photo essay is of no more than 3-6 photographs. Share via pdf, slideshare or powerpoint presentation.
The winner of each category will be determined by judging panel selected by Ōpāwaho- Heathcote River Network.
5. PHOTO WINNER NOTIFICATION: The photo winners will be announced during World Rivers Day, September 27th and will be featured on our OHRN Facebook, Website and Instagram as well as on associated sponsor websites. Participants will be informed as to the details of the award ceremony.
6. PRIZES: a range of sponsors have provided excellent prizes for First, Second and Highly Commended as well as for the Grand Winner.
7. ANNOUNCEMENTS: By submitting a photo for entry, each entrant hereby agrees to participate in any publicity related to the competition. Entrants and winners in the competition agree that their identity may be disclosed in winner announcements and promotional material. Winners also agree to have the image(s) submitted used for publicity purposes without any additional payment being made.
8. PHOTO USAGE: By submitting a photo, the entrant agrees to allow Ōpāwaho- Heathcote River Network permission to use the image for the purposes of promoting Ōpāwaho- Heathcote River Network initiatives, now and into the future, at no cost to ŌHR Network. The entrant also agrees to allow Ōpāwaho- Heathcote River Network to use their photo for printed collateral at ŌHR Network’s sole discretion and at no cost.
9. PHOTO TALENT: By submitting the photo, the entrant declares that they have the permission of all individual(s) captured in photo(s) to share and publish their image.
10. PHOTO COPYRIGHT: In submitting a photo for entry, the entrant declares that they have taken the photo and own and have sole and complete intellectual property rights to the photo.
11. ENTRY FORMAT: Acceptable entries will be photo files from either digital cameras or smart phone cameras in B&W or colour. No images supplied in hard copy will be accepted. Images can be cropped but cannot be digitally altered in any other way. Image size must be at least 1 MB and no more than 10MB. This will make images reproducible.
12. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: Entries may not be acknowledged or returned. Participants have the obligation to ensure entries are received on time. Ōpāwaho- Heathcote River Network can choose to keep or remove images from the gallery on completion of the competition should they wish to do so. Entrants can request removal of their images by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. PERSONAL INFORMATION: The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Laws of New Zealand. Your personal information shall not be provided to any third parties without your prior consent, but you do authorise Ōpāwaho- Heathcote River Network to be able to contact you with information pertaining to the competition or related World Rivers’ Day activities.